Pag-IBIG Fund is the other name, albeit an easy to remember one, of the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF). Pag-IBIG is an acronym which stands for…
Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industriya, at Gobyerno.
It is a government-controlled, Philippine corporation that serves as provident and housing fund, pooling together the investments of its members.
Essentially, Pag-IBIG Fund is a synergistic cooperation of its various stakeholders, which include the following:
- Ikaw — mostly local employees of the Philippines with conterpart contributions from their employers. Individual paying members (Overseas Filipino Workers, self-employed, dependent members) may also become members of Pag-IBIG Fund.
- Bangko — the local banking sector, plus other private financial institutions
- Industriya — including the Housing Industry such as real developers, and private employers
- Gobyerno — the Philippine Government
Established in June 11, 1978 through Presidential Decree No 1530, the Fund has two very important mandates, namely:
- Geration of Savings by pooling together the contributions of its members.
- Home Financing by providing housing loans to its members at a low interest and long term payment.
Up to this day, the Pag-IBIG Fund has become the partner of the Filipino in realizing his dream of owning real property at an affordable price. Indeed, it is living up to its name of helping and uniting the four sectors of society, namely: the Filipino people, the financial sector, the industrial sector and the government sector, to achieve the future that they have always wanted by providing homes for Fund members through the creation of an efficient savings system.
PagIBIGFinancing.com IS NOT The Pag-IBIG Fund Website!
If you are looking for that, consider the link below.
The team behind this website is trying their best to provide
you with the much needed information regarding your concerns as a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund. Over the couple of years, we have encountered recurring questions from Pag-IBIG members (and those who want to become members) desperate to get answers to their simple inquiries. Why they have come to us is still unknown. But one thing is sure, they can’t get it from the Pag-IBIG Fund website.
You can think of this website as an educational resource for learning more about Pag-IBIG Fund, how you can benefit from it and how to properly utilize the Fund on which you are a member, and maybe your friends and relatives too.
Eventually, we hope that you will enjoy being a member of Pag-IBIG Fund whether you are based locally in the Philippines, or a Filipino Expat working abroad.
Can I Get A Loan From Pag-IBIG Fund?
Ooops… not so fast, my friend.
If you are a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund, we know that one day, you will be in a situation where the question of getting a housing loan through Pag-IBIG will pop up your mind.
Don’t worry, this website will answer that question plus a couple of others including:
- Pag-IBIG Membership — how to become a member and the benefits of becoming one.
- Pag-IBIG Overseas Program — this is especially useful for expat Filipinos and Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW’s)
- Housing Loans and Real Estate Financing — discover how you can take advantage of Pag-IBIG Housing Loan Program for your real esate project
- Personal and Other Types of Loan — Pag-IBIG is not just about Housing Loans, learn about the other benefits you can get as a member
Important Notes on Pag-IBIG Financing Website
We have been loaded with questions from visitors since we first launched this website. Many of these questions have been repeated by one visitor and then the next. Luckily for you, we have dedicated a single page to answer these questions — the FAQ Page.
The FAQ Page should be your first stop. Before you email us your questions, please, please check first if an answer has already been provided at the FAQ Page.
Pag-IBIG Overseas Program:
- The Home Development Mutual Fund Law of 2009 — Important things OFWs should know about the New Pag-IBIG Fund Law.
- Overview of Pag-IBIG Overseas Program — What it is and how you can benefit from it.
- Pag-IBIG Overseas Office — Check if there is a branch or sattelite office in your host country.
- Pag-IBIG Payment Options — There are many ways of sending your payments to the Pag-IBIG Fund.
Pag-IBIG Fund Membership
- The Benefits of Becoming A Member of Pag-IBIG — Aside from the Housing Loan, did you know that there are other services that you can avail by becoming a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund?
- How To Become A Member? For Employees and Employers.
- Voluntary Membership — For Self-employed, Freelancers, OFW, etc
- Pag-IBIG Fund Membership Q and A — Everything you want to know about your membership.
Pag-IBIG Housing Loan
- How Your Income Affects Your Loan Entitlement — A maximum housing loan Pag-IBIG can give is PhP 3M. Can you get that much loan?
- Are You Qualified for A Loan? — Here’s how to find out.
- Housing Loan Document Requirements — First, you have to make sure that you are a member for at least 24 months. Then read the article.
- Basics of Pag-IBIG Housing Loan — Read this to understand what Pag-IBIG Housing Loan is all about, what type of real estate can it be used to finance, interest rates, etc.
- Foreclosure 101 — Understand how foreclosure happens. It is a must for all Pag-IBIG members to know about this.
- Land Title and Other Collateral Requirements — A Pag-IBIG Home Loan is a secure type of loan. Get to know the kind of Land Title that are acceptable as collateral.
- Home Loan Denied? — Relax! Maybe there are other options. Or maybe it’s not yet the right time.
Other Pag-IBIG Topics
- The Pag-IBIG II Program — What is Pag-IBIG II and how does it differ with the regular Pag-IBIG Program?
- The Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan — This is a short-term loan open to all Pag-IBIG Fund Members.
- Buying A Foreclosure Unit? — Read this or be sorry.
Connect With Us
We’re on Facebook! That means, it’s easy to connect with the team behind this website. Simply click the above button and on the Facebook Page, click the Like button. Fire your questions, suggestions, and thoughts anytime.